The DEWALT DW715 15-Amp 12-Inch Compound Miter Saw is tailor-made for baseboard cutting and crown molding. It possesses an extremely powerful motor in its extensive repertoire, which makes these jobs so much easier and efficient. Known for its precision, accuracy, and speed of performance, this compound miter saw package comes along with a blade wrench, a robust carbide blade, and a sleek dust bag. Moreover, the immensely huge reputation of DEWALT further enhances the product’s credibility, having been in the industry for a successful seven decades.
Before we try to convince you any further, let us take a quick sneak peek into the various pros and cons:
- DW715 is essentially powered by a high performance motor running at 15 Amp.
- The motor is complemented by a 12 inch carbide blade possessing a spinning frequency of 4000 rpm.
- Stainless steel miter detent plate subject to customization i.e. it is adjustable. All the common miter cuts are covered with the help of the plate’s eleven positive stops.
- The functions of miter stop overriding and adjusting the miter settings are taken care of by the presence of a comprehensive miter detent override. This helps produce accurate results with the utmost precision.
- Possesses an extremely convenient portability quotient with the help of the cam lock miter handle, mitigating the need to twist. Moreover, it helps is covering all the essential angles.
- Dynamic machine based fence design ensures the perpendicular blade alignment by acting as a credible fence support.
- Cutting Capacity – Up to 6-1/2-inch base molding in the left direction against the fence and a cross-cut capacity of up to 2×8 dimensional lumber.
- Four polished and hardened bevel stops made of steel have been incorporated in order to promote versatility.
- Wide miter saw capacity range – 0 to 50 degrees in either direction.
- Improved bevel capacity from the previous versions.
- Ideal for bevel cuts which range between 0 to 48 degrees to the left, and 0 to 3 degrees to the right.
- High mobility levels and easy to transport – the built-in carry handle makes it easy to carry around the jobsite.
Apart from this widely rich feature set, you can get your hands on a limited three year warranty, combined with a one year free service support. This will make sure that your compound miter saw stays brand new for over three years. Still, if you feel dissatisfied, you can avail the ninety day money back guarantee plan.
- Different configurations might turn out to be too sophisticated for amateurs.
- Product handling needs to be very astute.
- Not ideally suitable for very huge designs.
- DEWALT DW715 15-Amp 12-Inch Compound Miter Saw might seem a tad heavy and a little cumbersome to handle by inexperienced users.