During this period where most of us are quarantined at home, it is the perfect time to do some woodworking at home. It is an activity that reduces stress and can be useful in the future if you intend to create some pieces of furniture at home. It might even be the ideal time for you to incentive your sons or daughters to engage into this hobby.
As a beginner DIYer, finding the right jigsaw can be a daunting task. Look – the market is flooded with hundreds of brands and choosing the best one for you can be perplexing.
You have an array of woodworking projects coming up and borrowing a jigsaw from your neighbour doesn’t seem to be a wise decision. You need to purchase one. But here is the problem – the products you find in your home improvement store feature hefty price tags that you cannot afford at the moment.
Here is the good news – you don’t always have to spend a fortune to buy the best jigsaw in the market. Below are some budget alternatives you can try. Check out our expert advice.
There is a reason why Bosch JS260 finds itself at the helm of our list. The German company is known to produce excellent jigsaws and this one is no different. This piece produces precise cuts and allows users to swap blades without any hassle. These features make it the king of budget jigsaws.
You cannot talk about versatility, ease of use, safety, as well as cutting potential and fail to mention Bosch JS260. Unlike other budget saws, it has a wide stand that makes it astoundingly stable and ensures it stays on track when you are making your cuts.
Just in case your work area is located far away from the power socket, this tool will come in handy thanks to its long extension cord. With it, you don’t have to join tens of extensions cords a practice that might result in a short circuit or even fatal electric shocks.
- Precise and exemplary cutting
- Value for money
- Long cord
- Smooth and quiet
- Safe and secure blade mounting
- Quite pricey compared to other budget saws
- Blade mounting can be problematic for beginners
Makita 4329K Corded Jigsaw
If you are looking for a budget jigsaw that will save you money when buying it, and continually save you some bucks thanks to low power consumption, Makita 4329K Corded Jigsaw is your best bet.
This budget jigsaw runs on an up-gunned 3.1-amp motor, which enhances its performance while at the same time reducing its power usage. With this motor, however, you will need to keep away from heavy-duty tasks that require the use of more power
With a straight cutting setting and a three-orbital speed, you can use this tool to make precise cuts that will suit your unique needs. Additionally, there is a reliable variable speed control dial, which enables you to make the cuts at your preferred speed.
- Has a stroke length of 11/16”
- Has a rubberized grip that makes it easy for you to control your work and enhances comfort?
- Features an outweigh balancing system which reduces vibrations reduces fatigue and enhances comfort
- Not effective for heavy-duty tasks
This jigsaw assures users of less fatigue and more comfort. Therefore, this is a saw you can use for the better part of your day and later focus on other things that matter to you, such as streaming your favourite movie, spending time with your family or online casino betting.
If you just need a jigsaw for punctual tasks and not for heavy work this might be the ideal one.
TACKLIFE PJSO2A Corded Jigsaw
When it comes to comfort, ease of use, functionality, and versatility, the TACKLIFE PJSO2A Corded Jigsaw ticks all the boxes.
To enhance multi-directional cutting, this jigsaw has four distinct orbital settings. In addition, it has a bevel cutting capability of right and left directions up to 450. Perhaps the feature that makes it stand out from other budget saws is its 7.7 amp copper motor, which generates a whopping 3,000 SPM of cutting power, hence making it an ideal saw for heavy-duty tasks.
- It has an integrated dust blower which enables users to see clear sightlines while at the same time protecting your health;
- Can make varying cuts based on your needs;
- Can be used for heavy-duty tasks;
- Has an LED light that illuminates your work area;
- Features a laser guide which provides a line of cut in dim environments;
- It is easy to use, and blades can be mounted easily.
- Its power consumption is quite high compared to other budget jigsaws, so be aware that your electricity bill might increase.
SKIL 4495-02 Jigsaw
To wrap up our list of the best budget Jigsaws is the SKIL 4495-02 Jigsaw. It comes with a 6 amp motor, which gives it the ability to perform powerful tasks. In addition, it features a laser guide whose main purpose is to align straight cuts, especially in poorly lit work environments.
SKIL 4495-02 Jigsaw has an orbital cut prompt which is designed for orbital functioning and effectively shifts during the cutting process. It also has a smart speed prompt, which helps you to control blade speeds.
With an ergonomic design, this jigsaw is extremely comfortable and reduces fatigue to maximum. It has moulded frames that are made to ensure the blades don’t get damaged during blade movements.
- It’s an efficient jigsaw for beginners
- Has an LED light for illumination
- Its customized design makes it easy for any user to change the blades
- The tool is too strong for its price
- It’s highly versatile and supports both T and U-shaped blades
- The saw is a bit bulky
- The laser function might not be too reliable during cutting
If you are still confused about the budget blade you need to purchase, if you are working on a budget, the options outlined above might help you make the most informed decision. The most important is that you enjoy your time woodworking, while at same time you make sure the jigsaw chosen provides safety and comfort. Good Luck!